Saturday 17 November 2018

photo synthesis


Saturday 10th Nov and the sun was due out for a couple of hours. I rushed along to the botanics to catch the last of the Autumn lovelies before Winter arrives. Of course I had at the back of my mind the flowering bush in the rock garden on which there was a butterfly at the end of October. I couldn't even find it, never mind any butterflies. However there were many things worth the cycle there and the light was spectacular. Just no butterflies. (There are still end of season butterfly pics coming out of E. Lothian, appearing on facebook group pages, though I have no idea how or where or even why. It is quite frustrating.) Meanwhile here are some pics of flowers and squirrels. It was very jolly and then the sun went away, as forecast, at 12.20 and I went home.


not sure what these were, but they were many and probably citrussy



plenty fat pidgey widgey











many ace acers



The trouble with sundials is that they are rarely accurate. The one in the Hermitage has an adjustment instruction plate telling you how much to add or subtract depending on the time of year. This one has no such plus or minus and was over 2hrs inaccurate at 11.30am.










they make a funny wee growling noise when being territorial








this should be 90' clockwise but landscape works better on a monitor




This chap had been given a Brazil nut (or similar) and was working his way through it. I was using almonds as photo-bait and he was happy to collect a couple of them and continue eating while I took pics. 



Despite the amazing surroundings some tools find their phones more compelling. The above pic is a bit shoddy quality as I was trying to be discrete, but I needn't have bothered as all the people pictured were totally unaware of anything about them. 



The next few photos are all from around the Alpine area just beside the Palm House.








Then the sun went behind a cloud and I cycled home.

No comments:

Post a Comment