Wednesday 28 November 2018

7 reservoirs recce


Mike had last Friday morning "off" work as did Michelle. They were planning a recce of the 7 Reses route and I felt since I had slacked earlier in the week's training (missing both Weds and Thurs evenings) that I should make the effort and at least I'd get 13 miles on Friday. It meant getting out of bed early and cycling up the road to Mike's in the half dark which wasn't as much fun as it sounds. And the weather was pretty crap (as were the photos).

We had spotted the Cameron car in the parking area 
and wondered if we would bump into Gordon or Debbie.

low water








Lots of fun banter although quite a fast pace too. Mike, I think, was preparing himself for the pain this weekend. Michelle said it was faster than she might race it! Thanks to Mike for the lift in either direction. I was very ready for a hot shower by the time I got off my bike.

7 reservoirs route; 13 miles.
You can see the slowest bit in yellow where 
you leave Glencorse and hike up Phantom's Cleugh


No comments:

Post a Comment