Thursday 15 November 2018

friday off


Mary and I had Friday 9th Nov. off. We decided to do the usual Saturday stuff (Gullane, coffee, Aberlady, beach run etc. on Friday. Quite cold but bright. And windy. Not a chance of butterflies, but ever the optimist. So we chose topics around which to compete for best photo in category. Too obvious to have a leaf-off (again). I suggested best use of blue and orange in a photo, a favourite subject. Mary chose gauze-like grasses but then forgot to take any photos of same. My win I think!


passed these soldiers lining up for Sunday's Armistice Day celebrations


Also I keep forgetting to post this photo somewhere. It happened the other night watching, I think Atypical, and I couldn't help but think that the picture on tv was somehow familiar in a way I couldn't put my finger on.

elsewhere on tv (Goose on the Green interior)

Mary was all for Village Coffee House and mostly I agree but I felt we should give Goose on the Green a second chance, now they have bedded in. Last time I felt big cups, small coffees so asked to fill them right up and they did this. Also they had some bakeries out on the counter so you didn't have to guess what was behind the scenes (like last time.) Pretty good fruit scones although the girls behind the counter seem to be there as a punishment exercise, or community service, and maybe we need more enthusiasm or character. Toby tells me it might be found at Cherish (in the old post office) which I look forward to trying out next time.


Anyway there was a chilly breeze by the time we got running and very little sign of the sun.


not quite blue and orange



gauzy grassy me winny

now I took another pic of these berries and placed them 
right on the end of madam's nose however this photo was nicer.

sausage on a stick anyone?

curlewish

still not blue and orange



we found this very jumpy frog under the boards
at the beach and it refused to sit still for any length of time




good hair day



nearly blue and orange



down to the final 3 letters remaining



While I was striving to find some blue and orange in these flowers Mary was cunningly placing her blue Skyline buff next to some orange flowers and stealing the prize for best cheat.




2nd best orange and blue cheat





back in the public toilet signs of Thursday night party

No comments:

Post a Comment