Tuesday 9 January 2018

normal service resumed


Nice to relax with a run down Gullane way on Saturday. The forecast promised better but it never really materialised. Could have been worse though. Bit of a stiff breeze (in the wrong direction) so we went down the road to Dirleton, onto the beach at Yellowcraigs, back along the beach to Archerfields then inland and back up the road to Gullane. Since Mary was paying I bought the coffees and scones at the V.C.H and gave them a tip!











bollocks?

The rorschach stones were littering the high tide mark at Archerfields. Or maybe the coffee was using me as a conduit to interpret the lettering. There did seem to be a good selection. Last time I was there I said I would find one with Mary's name on...

Hibernian?

delighted to find MH
(but it was too heavy to carry home)


no holiday




Endless entertainment: Mary got burrs on her gloves and couldn't shake them off.


As is the tradition, we sprint or tempo run the last mile from the gate at the gatehouse back into Gullane. I decided to aim for a sub 6 minute mile, which is ambitious as it seems to be all uphill into Gullane. I didn't know until I got back to the computer that I managed it in 5.58. I was pleased about this until I checked the degree of uphill from mile 7 to mile 8. The start point is on the same elevation as the highest point at the East end of Gullane. It goes downhill to start with(!), dips in the middle and then climbs (more abruptly) into Gullane. I have to say I was a bit gutted to realise this and wished I hadn't looked so closely. What with the downhill all through Gullane this makes the mile undulating at best and downhill at worst. I suppose it's all still training.


No comments:

Post a Comment