Sunday 25 June 2023

back to bawsinch

 

Another trip along to Bawsinch 13th June. Nothing spectacular but very relaxing and pleasant place to walk through and well away from the hordes and dogwalkers. 


visited by one of the commas










After that we went to Dr. Neil's garden. Haven't been in ages. There were a few ducks and geese and a creche of goslings. The adult Canada geese were totally bribeable and didn't mind me playing with the goslings after I gave them some food. I ended up sitting on the grass surrounded by over-enthusastic goslings all hounding me for handouts. 









Lots of beautiful trees and shrubs in Dr Neil's, and always worth a visit. 

On the way home something unusual flew across the road which I chased until it landed: a grayling and the first of the year. Nearly 2 weeks on and I still haven't seen another although they are out and about. 

grayling


We went home via the stonetrap and NBA hangouts. Not much about, just a couple of NBAs and a common blue. Quite a lot of work to get a few photos, they are so small and fiddly. I feel Holyrood NBA numbers are way down on usual and have perhaps suffered from a late start this season. Maybe they will make a come-back? Very few or none at the flowery laybys at the side of the top road round the park. 



northern brown argus




meadow brown

common blue




No comments:

Post a Comment