Monday 30 September 2019

till the geese come home


Sunday 15th Sept and Skyline training begins in earnest. I sacrificed my addiction to butterflies in order that we were at least familiar with the sight of a hill or 2. Nice weather I think going by the photos. Mary reckoned I was quite fit due to that 120mile week in Spain. I think I peaked early in that I was slim about the middle of that week but some lavish eating and drinking meant I was exactly the same shape on return as I had been on leaving. But possibly slightly faster legs. Difficult to tell. 20 days later and I have only had one bottle of beer at book group. The holiday seems to have cured me of the need for beer and wine. By exposure to about a year's worth in a week. However I am far from cured of coffee and cake and we enjoyed lots of that at the marvelous Pentlands Cafe in Flotterstone before setting off. I think it was about 3pm by the time we actually climbed Turnhouse (meeting Fergus on the last leg of his training run). Which turned out very nicely to be the best part of the day. (Weatherwise.)













we spied something sinister down by the Howe


very sinister
MI5 or the CIA doing a wedding dress photoshoot


The nearest thing to butterflies we saw were these caterpillars
Ruby Tiger Moth above and loads of Fox Moth cats below.


we cut across from the kips to Black Hill
missing the splosh over Hare Hill




coming off Black Hill the midges were dancing in the low sun


getting tired
Bell's Hill is always a thought.


geese









geese over Turnhouse

13 miles


No comments:

Post a Comment