Saturday 3 July 2021

damsels and dragons

 

05-06-21
I'm a full month behind on blog updates so I'll keep this short. (Too much work and when not working, out taking photos!) These are the highlights of a run (past Marl Loch at Aberlady). Of course they are not. The highlights were running with Mary and Nick. But the best photos of the day were when I asked M and N to give me 5 mins to take photos of the damselflies and four-spot chasers that were all buzzing about the swampy edges of the small lochin just over the bridge to enchantment. It seemed like I may have taken maybe 6 or more minutes because when I returned, nettle-rashed and damper, and said thanks for the 5 minutes both loudly exclaimed huffs, as-ifs and raised eyebrows. Listen if it was easy to get close and take photos of these beasties anyone could do it, right? Anyway big thanks to Mazza and Nikolaje! 

some geese


possibly a blue tailed damselfly




four-spotted chaser








urchin skull


harry the crab


I only have eyes for you 2!

what the butterflies see
Photo: Mary


photo Mary



No comments:

Post a Comment