Wednesday 23 December 2020

speed bumps


22/12/20
Mary gets a Tuesday off so had planned a speed session round the Holyrood 10 miler. I went along for the ride but tried to rein in my enthusiasm as I knew I had a PRC session later (moved from Weds to Tues for xmas covid reasons.) When we got to Holyrood we did 8min blocks of 5 fast and 3 recovery. I tended to run on ahead but would slow for photos and was trying to save some enthusiasm for the later session. 







Although it was bright it was also cold and a bit damp. Nice to bump into Mitch and Berit going up to Dunsapie - haven't seen them since they returned from Gibraltar - so I walked with them up the hill for a bit till Mary caught up and we ran on. I was hoping the otter would be in Dunsapie as the light was good for photos but alas, no sign.


M&B



10.5 miles done and although I felt unenthusiastic about the Porty session later, getting out the door and off into the dark was the hard bit. The session was (good, hard) fun with Alan coming up with (9 of the) 12 days of Christmas - a medley of tortures. Everyone chose a number and Alan let us know the corresponding punishment - 4 hill reps at the pond, a fox and hounds pursuit, an 800 meters handicap, a bleep test, and a lap or 2 of the rugby pitches. The variety worked really well and it all passed quickly and without lasting damage. 7.5miles in 96mins.




No comments:

Post a Comment