Friday 26 February 2021

weekend runs

 

The weekend of the 13th/14th Feb was not the usual photo-fest but I'd like to record it here for posterity as it shows I did a little proper running and didn't spend the whole Winter chasing birds. On the Saturday I met Nick to join him for a small part of his 20 miler. He has been keeping these going all year unlike some who've been slacking. I was a bit concerned about keeping up and so didn't take the usual camera and back pack of bird food and jacket and things to eat and drink. 


saw Lorenzo at Holyrood

In fact the pace was brisk but chatty. We talked about the usual cultural highlights on Netflix and books as well as putting the world to rights. And looked forward to when we can run in groups again. Although I see some Carnethies have already started this. Which I'm all for as the pandemic does not seem to have spread by folk exercising outdoors. And it is the chronically unfit that are choking the NHS, not runners.  

After I had run about 9 miles with Nick we crossed Holyrood at Duddingston and the call of wildlife was too much. I waved Nick off to continue back to Cramond while I had a walk in Hunters Bog and took some photos of the reed buntings. One pic came out pretty well considering I was using the racing camera, not the A camera.

reed buntings



Next day, Sunday 14th I went for a 10 miler with Mary. It was dull grey weather (again) so nothing for it but to fill up on coffee and head out the door without too much thought about why, and could I really be bothered. Going along the Prom we met Paul an old pal of Mary's. He was taking photos / making art and we stopped for a brief chat.






We came off the Prom about Porty and headed by the park we used to train in on Weds evenings. Maybe because it was always dark I have never noticed how nice the pavilion is. There was also a rather well made igloo which was so well attended we had to queue to get a look at it!






From there we headed to Holyrood and did half a boundary back to the Meadowbank entrance. There was a robin in the hedge there making a big song. We tried to get photos but he was not terribly accommodating. Not much to be said for those dull grey runs but they have to be done. It is better than sitting at home looking through the curtains and complaining. At least it earns a decent lunch.


10miles









No comments:

Post a Comment